Re: no \bibdata command, no \bibstyle command

Silvia wrote:
Hi!
This is the last part of my main file in latex:

\include{copy1}
\cleardoublepage
\include{copy2}
\cleardoublepage
\bibliographystyle{author3}
\bibliography{correlati04}

\end{document}

When I run bibtex the following error appears:
no \bibdata command
no \bibstyle command

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99cThe top-level auxiliary file: atti.aux
A level-1 auxiliary file: copy1.aux
A level-1 auxiliary file: copy2.aux
I found no \bibdata command---while reading file atti.aux
I found no \bibstyle command---while reading file atti.aux
(There were 2 error messages)

I tried to use the plain style but the result is the same.
Please help me!
Thanks
Silvia

did you run latex before running bibtex?

latex has to write some stuff to the aux that bibtex then reads

/daleif

  • no ibdata command, no ibstyle command
    ... This is BibTeX, Version 0.99cThe top-level auxiliary file: ... A level-1 auxiliary file: copy1.aux ... I found no \bibstyle command---while reading file atti.aux ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: LaTeX CurVe and BibTeX bug?
    ... doing fine until I tried to use BibTeX for managing some publications. ... curve and BibTeX. ... Package longtable Warning: Table widths have changed. ... Rerun LaTeX. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: biblatex-apa - work underway
    ... BibTeX replacements. ... The great thing about the BibTeX format is that it's extremely simple, the bad thing about the BibTeX format is that it's extremely simple. ... While probably everyone agrees that some kind of BibTeX successor is needed I think it would be a waste of energy to try to come up with something completely new just for the LaTeX world. ... CSL certainly could be implemented for LaTeX which would mean that all CSL styles which already exist could be used for LaTeX. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • LaTeX CurVe and BibTeX bug?
    ... doing fine until I tried to use BibTeX for managing some publications. ... curve and BibTeX. ... Package longtable Warning: Table widths have changed. ... Rerun LaTeX. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: APA class?
    ... That would certainly apply to individual journal document classes, where the bib style is invariable. ... syntax of the BibTeX file. ... Leave makeindex out of the equation for the moment, as it doesn't have any effect on the bibliography formatting ... looked while editing a BibTeX buffer, and not the LaTeX buffer. ...
    (comp.text.tex)