Re: \footnote inheriting \emph => D'Oh!

blazar wrote:
Lars Madsen wrote:

which version of memoir are you using

The one included in TeXLive2005, which I hope to be recent enough...

Michele

no you're right there is a bug

But this is actually odd because a bug like this was actually fixed a year ago. It seems that this fix was in the mempatch file for a while and then disappeared.

Minimal example:

\documentclass{memoir}
\begin{document}
\textit{test\footnote{text}}
\end{document}

versions

ctt.tex
memoir.cls 2005/09/25 v1.618 configurable document class
mem10.clo 2002/07/27 v0.2 memoir class 10pt size option
mempatch.sty 2006/02/11 v4.5 Patches for memoir class v1.618

This seems to fix the problem

\listfiles
\documentclass{memoir}
\makeatletter
\renewcommand{\@footnotetext}[1]{%
\reset@font\m@mold@footnotetext{#1}\m@mmf@prepare}
\makeatother
\begin{document}
\textit{test\footnote{text}}
\end{document}

there was a misspelling, I'll notify the memoir author

/daleif

  • Inconsistency in memoir
    ... I found a small inconsistency in the memoir class, ... seems to be a \par missing in the definition of toc headings, ... It seems to be possible to fix it as I show (redefining ... memoir.cls 2005/09/25 v1.618 configurable document class ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • [Un] Unangband 0.6.3 released
    ... Allow player to assemble friendly monsters and carry eggs to hatch ... Updated druidic spells to use new region code. ... Fix lockup bugs generating the Old Forest. ... Fix bug where items dropped by monster death would infinitely ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.announce)
  • please pull from the trivial tree
    ... Fix spelling in E1000_DISABLE_PACKET_SPLIT Kconfig description ... +- Finding patch that caused a bug ... +Always try the latest kernel from kernel.org and build from source. ... Length of input string in bytes ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Subterrane v0.194 Alpha Released
    ... system, a character sheet, a ton of new spells, new monsters, item ... Added a character sheet that displays your character's ... Fix: Fixed a bug in the encumbrance calculation and status display ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.announce)
  • Re: Larkin, Power BASIC cannot be THAT good:
    ... If they did not produce a product with *adequate* quality then customers would not buy it and the company would not make a profit. ... it is to change a product in the field, and Y axis is bug density. ... but when the in service fix is almost free to the supplier then they will exploit that to their advantage. ... On-screen programming is pretty much type and ignite and see what ...
    (sci.electronics.design)