Re: \bibliographystyle{unsrt} doesn' t work properly in a thesis class!

"el prodigio" <elprodigio@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I' ll probably say something strange but when I used

\bibliographystyle{unsrt}

in my thesis with bibtex, the references were sorted in an erratic
manner. Instead of appearing in the order in which they are cited i.e.
[1] [2] [3], they appeared like [7] [8] [2] [1], etc... (even start
from number [7]!!!)

When I used the " unsrt" in an article or report, everything is in the
correct order. Did anybody experienced that weird behavior before?

in the absence of a sample that demonstrates the effect, i suggest you
look at the faq answer:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=bibtocorder
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge

  • ibliographystyle{unsrt} doesn t work properly in a thesis class!
    ... in my thesis with bibtex, the references were sorted in an erratic ... manner. ... correct order. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: bibtex import from online services
    ... the periods in the references. ... Some journals ... want a well defined set of abbreviations (I bet all do, ... still do not provide BibTeX conversion of their citations while providing ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Makefile and biblatex
    ... I guess latexmk has no support for BibLaTeX yet:( ... Before sending my message to comp.text.tex, I did check on a test file that latexmk does actually support BibLaTeX (with references by section or by chapter). ... In that case rerunning bibtex doesn't help, and the warning from biblatex is actually incorrect about the need to rerun bibtex. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: latex to doc/rtf conversion
    ... Basically, I have my large bibtex database, and when I receive basic word documents that I need to insert references into, I take into LaTeX, do the referencing via BibTeX and re-import to Word etc. ... It would be nice to be able to create a Word document that could still be edited in a reasonable manner. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: latex to doc/rtf conversion
    ... LaTeX can do many things that are just not possible in MS-Word (or ... really ANY word processing system). ... Basically, I have my large bibtex database, ... and turn them into references. ...
    (comp.text.tex)