Re: Why so much interest in pdflatex?

In article <Xns97355F7B0DF9Eperting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Per Ting <perting2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have noted a lot of people prefer pdflatex although it is not compatible
> with pstricks and some other packages, I do not see why. Is it just because
> they can process their document with just one command instead of three or
> there are more compeling reasons? How can they not use the forward-backward
> search between dvi and latex source? Am I missing some benefits of
> pdflatex?
>
> Thanks
>
> Per

Howdy,

If you've never used the microtype package you have no idea what
pdflatex can do. The paragraphs never looked better!!!!

By the way, you can use pstricks via pdftricks and you can include eps
graphics via the epstopdf package.

Good Luck,
Herb Schulz

  • Re: Help with hyperref
    ... but it doesn't seem to work with pdfLaTeX, ... When I try to compile my TeX-file with pdfLaTeX I get an error message ... Option clash for package hyperref. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Problems with graphicx (Permission denied)?
    ... The first pdflatex run is just fine - a 1-page doc with the image included. ... Package scrlfile, 2009/03/25 v3.03 KOMA-Script package ... LaTeX Font Info: ... ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: ifundefined was redefined warning when using KOMA-Script and xcolor
    ... I get the following warning: ... I only get the warning if I use 'pdflatex'; ... scrkbase.sty 2007/03/07 v2.97a KOMA-Script package (basics and keyval ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Help with hyperref
    ... but it doesn't seem to work with pdfLaTeX, ... When I try to compile my TeX-file with pdfLaTeX I get an error message ... Option clash for package hyperref. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: New error with pdftex after update.
    ... then call pdflatex'. ... Otherwise check and correct the driver option. ... recovery mode by switching to PDF mode. ... See the pdftex.def package documentation for explanation. ...
    (comp.text.tex)