Re: Somewhat of a 'thought' question: dvitoMS-Word?

Jay Belanger <belanger@xxxxxxxxxx>,
In a message on Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:01:47 -0600, wrote :

JB> Robert Heller <heller@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
JB>
JB> > Does there exist an open-source, CLI-based (eg. non-interactive --
JB> > something I can include in a Makefile for example) program that will
JB> > convert a LaTeX or DVI file to something that MS-Word will understand as a
JB> > 'proper' MS-Word document?
JB>
JB> The _Converters from LaTeX to PC Textprocessors_ page
JB> http://www.tug.org/utilities/texconv/textopc.html
JB> mentions a couple, as well as some LaTeX to rtf converters. I have
JB> no idea how well they work, though.

The only one viable for me, latex2rtf, totally barfs on my resume, since
I am not using a class file it understands. This seems to be somewhat
of a dead end.

JB> Jay

\/
Robert Heller ||InterNet: heller@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.deepsoft.com/ ||FidoNet: 1:321/153
http://www.deepsoft.com/~heller /\

  • Re: Somewhat of a thought question: dvitoMS-Word?
    ... > convert a LaTeX or DVI file to something that MS-Word will understand as a ... > 'proper' MS-Word document? ... The _Converters from LaTeX to PC Textprocessors_ page ... as well as some LaTeX to rtf converters. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Creating pdf documents under woody
    ... By latex file.tex You get a dvi file. ... already shows some font anomaly in the lists. ... Exporting to pdf directly ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Zusammenarbeit LaTeX - Word bei =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sch=FClern?=
    ... > kommt ja wohl auch MS-Word mit dieser Konstellation nicht ... Natürlich hast Du mit dieser Aussage völlig Recht, obwohl die Aussage zur Heterogenität sehr pauschal ist und nicht in allen Situationen haltbar ist. ... Sachlichkeit setzt sich in einem solchen Umfeld nie durch. ... Die anderen von den Vorteilen von LaTeX zu überzeugen, wird IMHO maximal in Einzelfällen gelingen. ...
    (de.comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Use both latex and pdflatex
    ... Joseph Hesse wrote: ... I want to use both latex and pdflatex on the same latex source file. ... The DVI file format contains no page size information whatsoever, so the default page size for your DVI previewer is probably set to A4. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Hi
    ... I am trying to create a document in latex, ... successfully compiled yesterday. ... but it says unable to create .dvi file. ... This could prevent TeXnicCenter from changing the .tex ...
    (comp.text.tex)