Re: using verbatim

Paminu <jadajada@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have this in a .tex file:
>
> http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3626/1346/1600/verbatim1.jpg
>
> But when I compile it I get this:
>
> http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3626/1346/1600/verbatim2.jpg
>

> For some reason the comments are not aligned beneath each other as in
> the .tex file. How do I make something look exactly like in my .tex file?
> And why do the compiled verbatim segment look different??

You are using tabs instead of spaces. A tab is just the same
as a normal space, in the LaTeX kernel verbatim environment
(and it appears to be ignored at the start of a line).

Use the package verbatim or, better, listings.

Ciao
Enrico

  • Re: latex very slow on mac os x
    ... and I compile my tex file again the compilation is very very fast less ... So I think now that my problem is not coming from my tex installation, ... Your problem may stem from the use of frenchpro or frenchle, ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: references of same author
    ... and compiled my .tex file. ... I am having a problem with my bibliography. ... compile the .tex file, I see only only instance of the author's names ... special bibliography entry in your bib file. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Compiling with PDFLatex, error: libpng12.0.dylib
    ... When I try to compile a .tex file using pdflatex, ... Trace/BPT trap ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: pdflatex hangs
    ... >When I'm trying to compile my tex file ... Anything in that tex file that might seem ... Can you prepare a minimal document that leads to this error ... They occasionally change (and LaTeX occasionally ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: commands through a file in Texnicenter with MikTex in Windows
    ... in LaTeX? ... This literally inserts the entire contents of <filename> verbatim in your TeX file. ...
    (comp.text.tex)