"Incorrect structure found in PDF file"

I put together 40 to 50 page seminar presentations by applying the
Acrobat "Create PDF from Multiple Files" command to the same number of
individual PDFs acquired elsewhere or generated by Mathematica or
Illustrator, then reorganizing these pages in Acrobat.

Fairly often, when I try to Delete an unwanted one these pages using the
Document >> Delete Pages menu command in Acrobat I get the error message
"An incorrect structure was found in the PDF file", and the page simply
refuses to delete (workaround is then to move it to the end of the file.

Is there any way to cure or avoid these problems? Or a diagnostic I
could run on the errant document

--Burst (Extract) the file back to individual pages, run each individual
page through a Save or Save As process in Acrobat or Illustrator?

--Do the preceding on every page before assembling the first time?

--Buy a whole new suite of Adobe programs?

--?????????????

Doing a Save or Save As on the complete file doesn't seem to help.

[This happen on a MacBook running Tiger (OS 10.4), Acrobat 7.0 Standard,
Illustrator CS 7.0. Send me an email; I'll forward a cc of one of these
files.]

  • [Full-disclosure] Adobe Acrobat Script Injection
    ... Adobe Reader and Acrobat 9.2 and 8.1.7 and earlier versions. ... Acrobat Forms Data Format is a mechanism designed to allow PDF ... The context in which this script is run is not the domain where the ... FDF file is located, rather the domain of the target PDF file. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: PDFs
    ... I'm not sure how the PDF was generated from PM6.5. ... Funny - copy and paste and the apostrophes return! ... Each version of Acrobat brought in a new version of the standard, until it was actually declared a standard around 1.7/1.8. ... Although it is unlikely that that would cause this issue, which sounds like one of those font things ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • RE: Converting Word Hyperlinks into Acrobat
    ... came to the result that Acrobat has a problem. ... PDF, error messages popped up telling that bookmarks were missing). ... If you replace your hyperlinks by ordinary cross-references (as created via ... About the Adobe Acrobat settings in Word: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: "Doing" datasheets
    ... "martin griffith" wrote in message ... > produce a pdf file, that I can zoom into without loss of resolution. ... Buy Adobe Acrobat. ... Acrobat gives you a couple of printer drivers just like pdf995, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • RE: VBA with Adobe
    ... Distiller" and "Acrobat PDFMaker". ... hard to strip it down to just the PDF stuff, but hopefully this will give you ... Public Function PDFConvertPSToPDF(argPSPath As String, ... Dim strPDFFullPath As String ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)