Re: Illegal address reference

vimal wrote:
Hi,
I want to know what causes Illegal address reference Trap. How can it
be resolved?

Thanks...

It means that the program tried to read or write memory that was not assigned to it.

The most common cause is an incorrect value in a pointer variable. If you forget to put a value into a pointer before using the pointer, that frequently can cause this error.

An incorrect subscript value for an array reference can also cause an illegal address reference, though this seems to happen less often that incorrect pointers.

To resolve the problem, get the program into the debugger at the point of the error. Examine the program statements, check all the values referenced to see whether any are incorrect.

For more explicit instructions, we would have to know more details about your program.
.