Re: HASH Algorithms

We use Bob Jenkins has for stuff like hash tables.

We used ELFHash for a while but it produces a lot of hash collisions.

We use CRC64 in one application as well.

MD5,SHA-xxx, etc are too CPU intensive for our needs and I never
bothered testing any of them.

I'll try and dig up the performance numbers for the ones I tested.

In article <gYNBf.15707$Zj7.10938@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
sjensen8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...