SN#20136 Canadian Research Center Implements Sun HPC Infrastructure
- From: "John J. McLaughlin" <flash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:05:13 GMT
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 124 Issue 3 2008-06-16 Article 20136 from section "News"
Selects 78 Sun SPARC Enterprise 5140 Servers, Solaris 10 OS
High Performance Computing Virtual Laboratory (HPCVL) in Canada has
selected Sun infrastructure to power Victoria Falls, its new compute
cluster based on 78 Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 servers and the
Solaris 10 OS. HPC codes well suited for the Sun SPARC Enterprise
T5140 include applications that require high levels of
parallelization and/or very high memory bandwidth. Running at full
capacity, the Sun-powered Victoria Falls HPC cluster is designed to
process nearly 10,000 threads simultaneously.
Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=20136
Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at
Free 4-week trial is available.
(c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com
- Prev by Date: SN#20070 System News For Sun Users Blog Recap
- Next by Date: SN#20179 Sun Delivers New HPC Products in Sun Blade, Sun Constellation Families
- Previous by thread: SN#20070 System News For Sun Users Blog Recap
- Next by thread: SN#20179 Sun Delivers New HPC Products in Sun Blade, Sun Constellation Families