The file server "G3" connection has unexpectedly closed down.

I have a G4 running 10.4.11 and a G3 running System 9: the two are on on Ethernet network.

I connect from the G4 to in the usual manner from the Go menu, and everything works fine. Until about an hour of inactivity, that is. then I get the message in the title.

But it hasn't closed down: everything is still up and running fine.

At first I thought it was because the G3 had gone to sleep; but I turned sleep off, and I still get the same thing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul Magnussen
.