Any most accurate download/upload broadband speed test?

Using different speed tests I get wildly different results of my new
broadband connection. The ISP's Flash speed test
(http://speedtest.pivit.net.au/) is giving very much higher figures
that the Firefox add-on, Bandwidth Meter - yes, even taking an average
of many readings on each. All sorts of conclusions can be drawn... but
anyone have any reason to think some particular speed test is more
accurate than all others, which one?

--
dorayme

  • Re: Any most accurate download/upload broadband speed test?
    ... The ISP's Flash speed test ... is giving very much higher figures ... anyone have any reason to think some particular speed test is more ... Download the lightweight, but consistently accurate ShaperProbe. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Virgin media - my 10mbit/sec line is slower these days
    ... broadband connection, I'm noticing that various speed test pages on the ... can be worse than Virgin Media. ... BT speed Test as of 22.53 hrs 30/3/2007: ... Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6214 kbps ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • SBS 2003 with ISA 2000
    ... I have installed a new broadband connection on my ISA 2000 with SBS 2003. ... The new connection can run up to about 20Mbps, however a speed test from the client (behind ISA and firewall client installed) reveals a consistent speed of about 8Mpbs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Any most accurate download/upload broadband speed test?
    ... is giving very much higher figures ... that the Firefox add-on, Bandwidth Meter - yes, even taking an average ... anyone have any reason to think some particular speed test is more ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)