Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion?

I usually wait until about 10.x.3 to upgrade to 10.x, so most of the
early glitches get worked out. This time I've procrastinated to the
point that 10.x+1 is about to come out before I've upgraded from 10.x-1
to 10.x.

In other words, I'm still running Snow Leopard. Since Mountain Lion is
scheduled to come out within a week or two, is there any reason to go to
Lion at all? In other words, will I be able to upgrade directly from SL
to ML? Does anyone have any information (or educated guesses) about
this?

  • Re: Time Machine permissions
    ... I no reason to think that it changes the CONTENT of any file. ... different (besides Mountain Lion and the upgrade of Fusion that ... Mountain Lion required), but now I have no working Time Machine at ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Warning: Mountain Lion Causing Freezes
    ... Mountain Lion: it's causing regular freezes on some computers. ... Bank 0: 4 GB ... likely the last major OS upgrade for this machine - I can wait until ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Mountail Lion Upgrade - not compatible :-(
    ... I expected the most expensive my macBook to be supported longer with viable ... You kind of proved that by complaining that your upgrade ran ... though I think a similar point can be made; if Apple ... could do before the release of Mountain Lion and even Lion. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Mountail Lion Upgrade - not compatible :-(
    ... My old MacBook was a Late ... Mountain Lion does not specify a required processor. ... Your MacBook is able to upgrade to Lion. ... if the hardware is able to support that ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Warning: Mountain Lion Causing Freezes
    ... Mountain Lion: it's causing regular freezes on some computers. ... But my Mac is freezing up at least once a day, ... Other people are having the same freezing problem and there's a ... as my iMac is also a late 2007 and this is likely the last major OS upgrade for this machine - I can wait until they get it right. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)