rookie Mountain Lion questions
- From: *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 18:49:37 -0400
I have Lion on my Mac Mini. Aside from a compulsive disorder to have the most up to date OS, how important would it be to upgrade to Mountain Lion? How long could I expect Apple to support Lion?
How much of a PITA would it be to upgrade to Mountain Lion? Will software I already have installed like Firefox and VLC integrate seamlessly? Do I go to the bricks and mortar Apple Store to purchase ML (oh snap I don't have an internal optical drive but do have an external DVD/CD drive I use to install Linux on netbooks)? Could I buy ML from the online App Store (or another Apple provided venue) and install it without an optical drive as an upgrade to Lion? How long after release should I hold off for any unintended new release oopsies to be remedied by updates?
Sorry for the Layer 8 ignorance :-)
- Prev by Date: Re: Rumors (MBP - June)
- Next by Date: Re: rookie Mountain Lion questions
- Previous by thread: Rumors (MBP - June)
- Next by thread: Re: rookie Mountain Lion questions