Re: Cloning all data from old to new Mac

John McWilliams <jpmcw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/24/11 4:07 AM, Daniel Cohen wrote:
I have a question related to this but more specific.

I believe that when using Setup Assistant (or Migration Assistant) items
in /usr/local do NOT get transferred.

Am I right in this belief?

If so, are there any other items that I need to tranfer manually?

What lives in that file that MUST get transferred?
(Sorry can't answer the question, but I've been using M.A. for years
without noticing that anything significant didn't make it across.)

Some things that are significant to me are in /usr/local, specifically
in /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin.

These folders might not even exist on your system.
--
<http://www.decohen.com>
The Labyrinth of the Heart: Changed Myths for Changing Lives