Re: How to restore /etc/sudoers file?

On 10-05-03 17:16 , Király wrote:
Lewis<g.kreme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since OS X uses a journaled file system and has for quite a while this
step is not needed.

Journaling may indeed reduce the chance of corruption of the directory
or the filesystem, but it certainly does not guarantee against it.

I thought the notion of journaling was post crash/fail recovery, not reducing the chance of a random file corruption occurring.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.

  • Re: wishing for magic lamps
    ... >> blessed magic lamp doesn't guarantee a wish (though there's a good ... >> chance of it, of course), so it's unlikely to be unbalancing. ... Long ago a blessed magic lamp was a guaranteed wish. ... a stored wish and so was wand of wishing and that's it. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: Solid gold anchor babies
    ... guarantee birthright citizenship except by the most tortured judicial ... Legislatively challenge away, Bratzi. ... We had the chance to become a libertarian society, ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: ACR Performance Chip
    ... you definitely know will not work, does not have a chance of working and ... I can not guarantee that such a chip does not exist. ... that if such a performance enhancing chip did exist you would not have to ... Do not waste your time or effort. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer)
  • Re: Solid gold anchor babies
    ... future benefits: an American passport and U.S. citizenship for your ... guarantee birthright citizenship except by the most tortured judicial ... We had the chance to become a libertarian society, ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: ACR Performance Chip
    ... you definitely know will not work, does not have a chance of working and ... I can not guarantee that such a chip does not exist. ... that if such a performance enhancing chip did exist you would not have to ... Art, thanks for the response. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer)