Re: %#@*!@* grumble, back to installing "32-bit" apps from scratch

In article <160420091656362966%none-of@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Mark Conrad <none-of@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I had my adventure with 64-bit apps on both
the Mac, and the Vista partition on that Mac.

As far as I am concerned, 64-bit apps will not be
ready for prime time for years to come, on _either_
Mac or Windows hardware.

There's no reading of that sentence that actually makes sense. There's
no fundamental way the user experience of a 64-bit app should be
different from that of a 32-bit one.

I might have to get hold of a Mac newbie, because old-timers
like me have completely forgotten how to install the Mac OS
from scratch.<g>

Mark-

Yeah. Putting in the installation media and double-clicking the
clearly-labeled installer can get confusing.

--
I saw a truck today that had "AAA Batteries / Delivered and Installed" on the
side. My first thought was: That's a really weird business model. How many

  • Re: Bootable disk for OldWorld NuBus PB 5300?
    ... I was helping someone move and noticed that they had a PowerBook ... This PowerBook is my first Mac EVER. ... install hfsutils for your particular distro. ... Debian boot floppy in that wouldn't work and had to remove the floppy ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)
  • Re: Newbie with 10s of questions
    ... > 1) First does it cause problems with the system to continually install ... The Mac OS X Tiger, the Missing Manual is a well recommended book. ... Many apps are just Drag and Drop ... > battery power you must remove the battery) and periodically all my ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Installing Leopard in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,8 9, ....steps
    ... embarking on a major Mac OS X upgrade is essential. ... to do this is to boot from the OS X Install DVD and run Disk Utility ... Some applications, iSync included, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Cloning all data from old to new Mac
    ... I also didn't have access to the Finder, where I could have seen the name of the OS X Install DVD and clicked on the arrow beside it to eject it. ... (I migrated my Leopard.7 system from my old Mac to Leopard.4 on my new Mac. ... Firewire drives were daisy-chained to the old Mac. ... This indicates that once again you're under-thinking, because you're accusation of me being a troll is extremely shallow and illogical because it's so unrealistic. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Base64 email wont open in anything RISC OS
    ... aggravation of trying to install a whole new instance of XP and all ... the apps might be too much to contemplate especially as the XP ... reinstall disk I have is for SP1. ... Mac, having used one on Work Experience in Soho for video editing. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)