Re: Does WEP key give away access to my data to another computer?

In article <140420091002524458%star@xxxxxxx>, Davoud <aaa@xxxxxxx> wrote:
P. Sture:
Where I live, there are a couple of international engineering companies
who always have employees and customers staying for anything from 6
weeks to 6 months, none of whom want to sign up for a year's contract
with an ISP. I keep my wireless connection switched off.

You live in a transient hotel?

Even so, WPA2 will protect you as much as possible from those nasty
engineers. If they want your data bad enough they'll do a surreptitious
entry and clone your HD.

Why bother? The guy from AT&T put a transparent proxy on his incoming
line months ago. The group from RSA added a MITM module for the
secure stuff during a particularly boring conference a while back,
using a compromised root certificate. We've got his screen up 24/7 in
the engineers lounge, where his credit cards and bank accounts pay for
all the refreshements.

Wireless? Who needs it.

--
It's times like these which make me glad my bank is Dial-a-Mattress
.