OS 10.3.9 clock 6 hours off
- From: DJW <ddwr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:02:13 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone know if there is a virus that changes your clock by 6
hours? Even with a restart the clock will not stay set the PM changes
to AM and the hour advances 6 hours. The date and the minutes stay
correct. I did an update but a few weeks ago from apple in regards to
daylight savings time if I remember correctly. I of course first
suspected the battier and when out and put a new one in my G3 blue and
white tower. The power was unplugged and the batter was out for maybe
30 seconds and when I booted up the date stayed and the minutes stayed
but the hour and AM PM was opposite.
I went and reset the clock and locked the change with the pad lock in
the left bottom corner did a restart not even a power off and the damn
thing changed again and the pad lock was open. Is this something I may
have picked up bad? Or is the apple daylight saving update flakey?
I finally started to play with the time zone map and set it to a zone
6 hours later and so far as I write this it seems to be keeping my
clock correct to be in a time zone in Ireland not Chicago.
- Prev by Date: Technology commentator makes Linux really tough
- Next by Date: Re: Time Machine Prefs and Permissions
- Previous by thread: Technology commentator makes Linux really tough
- Next by thread: Re: OS 10.3.9 clock 6 hours off