%#@*!@* grumble, back to installing "32-bit" apps from scratch

Well, I had my adventure with 64-bit apps on both
the Mac, and the Vista partition on that Mac.

As far as I am concerned, 64-bit apps will not be
ready for prime time for years to come, on _either_
Mac or Windows hardware.

Back to good old workable 32-bit apps, like the
32-bit version of my $1,600 Dragon speech app.

It is about time I installed Mac OS 10.5.6 from scratch
anyhow, as I have been successfully using "dd image"
backups for the past two years.

I believe a Mac user who _only_ uses "image" backups
should install everything from scratch, every two years.

I might have to get hold of a Mac newbie, because old-timers
like me have completely forgotten how to install the Mac OS
from scratch.<g>

Mark-

  • Re: Newbie with 10s of questions
    ... > 1) First does it cause problems with the system to continually install ... The Mac OS X Tiger, the Missing Manual is a well recommended book. ... Many apps are just Drag and Drop ... > battery power you must remove the battery) and periodically all my ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: List of Applications Not Compatible with Leopard
    ... I have lots of files created on Classic versions of Mac ... lot more compatibility than you got from Apple, ... anyone who needs it has already left for Windows. ... software covers stuff *much* younger than DOS apps. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: List of Applications Not Compatible with Leopard
    ... I have lots of files created on Classic versions of Mac ... lot more compatibility than you got from Apple, ... anyone who needs it has already left for Windows. ... software covers stuff *much* younger than DOS apps. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Base64 email wont open in anything RISC OS
    ... aggravation of trying to install a whole new instance of XP and all ... the apps might be too much to contemplate especially as the XP ... reinstall disk I have is for SP1. ... Mac, having used one on Work Experience in Soho for video editing. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: PC or Mac for at- home engineering?
    ... of these constraints on modern hardware. ... But multithreaded apps on one core vs multiple ... Some OS's try to give the illusion of per-task namespaces ... isn't available TODAY on a Mac doesn't mean it won't be, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)