Re: Does WEP key give away access to my data to another computer?

Mike Rosenberg wrote:
Robert Montgomery <info-block@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I tell my WEP key to a friend at my place who has a PC , would that
give him access to the files on my Mac?

No, that would let him use your internet wirelessly. To give someone
access to files on your Mac, you have to turn on file sharing and give
them your user password, too. Depending on which Mac OS version you're
running, you'd separately have to enable Windows sharing.

So I don't have to worry about other people in nearby apartments freeloading off of my Internet signal that I'm paying for?

Robert

.