Re: The one thing I like better about Windows...

salgud wrote:
On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 10:46:03 +0200, Jochem Huhmann wrote:
Well, yes. You can easily configure an app to hide both its icon in the Dock
and its menubar. I suppose you can do similar things on Windows, but
normal user-visible apps need some way for the user to access them on
both systems.

You'd suppose wrong. You can't.

Can't what? Can't hide an app? Lots of things are hidden
on all platforms. What makes it an "app" or not an "app" ?

--
Wes Groleau

Here I go....... again
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett?itemid=566

  • Re: The one thing I like better about Windows...
    ... salgud writes: ... and its menubar. ... I suppose you can do similar things on Windows, ... normal user-visible apps need some way for the user to access them on ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: The one thing I like better about Windows...
    ... the Dock and its menubar. ... Windows, but normal user-visible apps need some way for the user to ... Windows wouldn't have a virus problem has every active virus would ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: The one thing I like better about Windows...
    ... the Dock and its menubar. ... Windows, but normal user-visible apps need some way for the user to ... Windows wouldn't have a virus problem has every active virus would ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: The one thing I like better about Windows...
    ... the Dock and its menubar. ... Windows, but normal user-visible apps need some way for the user to ... Windows wouldn't have a virus problem has every active virus would ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Should Apple do away with OS X?
    ... white MenuBar, and the inability to show the full date as well as the ... It uses the native Windows APIs. ... snit. ... and then tell me that ShapeShifter ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)