Safari 3.x suddenly acting bizarre

I have Tiger on a g4, and until yesterday, Safari 3.x was running fine.
Tonight, it keeps hanging up. I fired up activity monitor, and I find
it is eating all the cpu time available and not doing anything. I have
to force quit and relaunch. Twice it hung when I hit quit. Most of the
time, activity monitor calls it active, but the most recent hang-up, it
went red with "not responding." I haven't added anything to the system,
no plug-ins, no new apps save for a Big Fish Games game in a while, so I
am at a lost for what might be happening.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

jt

  • Re: Safari 3.x suddenly acting bizarre
    ... it is eating all the cpu time available and not doing anything. ... time, activity monitor calls it active, but the most recent hang-up, it ... no plug-ins, no new apps save for a Big Fish Games game in a while, so I ... I have deleted all pref and plist files associated with Safari, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Force Quit
    ... nothing but nothing but the off switch cures it - ... not force quit, not activity monitor kill process, and not various ... bellajonez at yahoo dot co dot uk ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Best DSL Speedometer
    ... I tend to leave Activity Monitor running on the Network Activity ... 'Quite a bit of CPU time'? ... You'll need to use a real news reader if you want me to see your posts. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Upgraded both of my macs to Office 2004 and wish I could have Office x back! Any help?!?!
    ... As an alternative to running Activity Monitor, you can always run the Unix ... I'd be curious to know if something is chewing up CPU time when ... parenthesis right before pageouts is consistently high ... while you're hitting slowdowns. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)
  • Re: Updating Word X
    ... CyberTaz wrote: ... Won't run (spinning beachball), won't Force Quit, ... can't be killed in Activity Monitor because it doesn't show up.. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)