Power management on a iMac G5

I'm in communication with Seagate over the behaviour of my OneTouch
external drive.
Seagate have asked me, and I quote,"I understand the drive will spin up
and down randomly. If you disable your power management feature within
your MAC so that your drives are set to never spin down does this help
with this issue?"

Can someone tell me how to do what the Seagate rep is asking. Thanks,

Peter

--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far

  • Re: Another dead Seagate?
    ... It's a Seagate ST3250310AS - 250 GB. ... I, too, have had Seagate ST3250310AS drives fail, and Seagate got itself ... And of course a common problem with the punch cards was that key punch ... found I have more memory in my cell phone than there was in autovon switch. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Another dead Seagate?
    ... It's a Seagate ST3250310AS - 250 GB. ... I, too, have had Seagate ST3250310AS drives fail, and Seagate got itself ... And of course a common problem with the punch cards was that key punch ... I was talking to a friend recently that was one of the managers in the switching system and after asking a couple of questions I found I have more memory in my cell phone than there was in autovon switch. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Another dead Seagate?
    ... It's a Seagate ST3250310AS - 250 GB. ... I, too, have had Seagate ST3250310AS drives fail, and Seagate got itself ... And of course a common problem with the punch cards was that key punch ... found I have more memory in my cell phone than there was in autovon switch. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: read errors
    ... sectors and 667 sectors the dive cannot read that will likely ... That's normal even for a new Seagate drive. ... Modern drives do not have soft/bad spots anymore. ... Dont take any stock in the thresholds. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)