Re: changing file ownership

zit <ttrtilley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Király wrote:
I had one admin account with UID 507. I have created a new one that has a
UID of 505, and I want to eventually delete the old one.

You don't mind loosing your defaults and keychain?

Nope. I almost never use the admin account and so there's not much to
lose. All my day-to-day work is done in non-admin accounts.

The real reason why I want to create a new admin account and delete the
old one is because I wish to change my admin account's short user name.
It seems easier just to create a new one with the short user name that I
want than to try and change the existing one.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.

  • Re: changing file ownership
    ... UID of 505, and I want to eventually delete the old one. ... You don't mind loosing your defaults and keychain? ... Tom Stiller ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • changing file ownership
    ... I had one admin account with UID 507. ... UID of 505, and I want to eventually delete the old one. ... HD for files owned by 507 and have their ownership automatically changed ... everything on my drive and hose my system. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Faking administrators accounts?
    ... the admin account has the uid 501. ... > By simply renaming it the uid should remain the same. ... a good hacker would recognize the issue and work ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)