Re: Amazing Genius Bar Excuses

In article <no-spam-B8AEAA.21173306032006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
richard schumacher <no-spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <uce-39F4CA.14534106032006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Gregory Weston <uce@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Interesting experiment aside, I'd've mentioned the incident to the
manager. He may have had good intentions, but misleading a customer is
bad business and bad business sense.

What, you think the manager didn't instruct the "Genius" to do this?

While that's possible, I think it's most likely the manager had no idea
the Genius was doing this. I also think that if the manager did direct
that behavior they should know that it's not fooling everyone.

--
"Congurutulation!!!" - The subject line on some spam I received recently.
I have no idea what it means, but it's such a cool "word" (by which I mean

  • Re: Amazing Genius Bar Excuses
    ... He may have had good intentions, but misleading a customer is ... bad business and bad business sense. ... you think the manager didn't instruct the "Genius" to do this? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Heres one problem
    ... Manager: That code has been in production for years. ... I'll try to avoid the check-list of a psychiatrist, Mr Wagner, and stick ... The concept that CPU and IO cycles cost money is an obsolete one from ... The customer didn't tell us to ignore the new price plan. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Heres one problem
    ... Manager: That code has been in production for years. ... resources (CPU-time and XIOs cost money, you know) then I question the ... with an average cost of and a median ... The customer didn't tell us to ignore the new price plan. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: O.T Message from The Queen
    ... I saw this in a contracting job I had several years ago. ... customer was the US military (big organization, deep pockets, likely ... keeping her friend (a marginally competent and minimally productive ... Said manager canned the remote contractor who was too expensive ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Heres one problem
    ... Manager: That code has been in production for years. ... resources (CPU-time and XIOs cost money, you know) then I question the ... The customer didn't tell us to ignore the new price plan. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)