Re: Removing Dashboard from system?

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:36:57 +0000, Randy Howard wrote
(in article <0001HW.BF97ABF9024327FEF0407550@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):

> Peter James wrote
> (in article
> <0001HW.BF97FC1C000A1F6AF0284550@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):
>
>> Can anyone tell me how to remove the Dashboard from the system. I'm
>> running
>> OS X 10.4.3.
>> Is such a thing possible?
>
> Configure it to not load any widgets, and don't hit the hotkey
> to launch it. Other than that, what is the point? Saving disk
> space?

Right, well I've done that, but it's just that I find it a total pain in the
arse and wanted to get rid of it. Personal irritation is all it is really.

  • Re: Removing Dashboard from system?
    ... >> Peter James wrote ... >>> Can anyone tell me how to remove the Dashboard from the system. ... > arse and wanted to get rid of it. ... Personal irritation is all it is really. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Removing Dashboard from system?
    ... Peter James wrote ... > Can anyone tell me how to remove the Dashboard from the system. ... "The power of accurate observation is called cynicism by those ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Todays win: 14/9
    ... I use freecycle a lot aswell to get rid of my stuff and hopefully get some ...
    (uk.rec.competitions)
  • Re: Geek tool v 3.01
    ... Michael Vilain wrote: ... peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter James) wrote: ... What happens if you trash Geek tool and it's prefs. ... I found that a restart got rid of them. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Problems with browser
    ... If you're still having trouble, ... >Many thanks for the replies. ... That seems to have got rid of it. ... Peter James ...
    (alt.computer.security)