Re: Couldn't boot from DVD

I tried holding the normally recommended keys down when it was starting.
Then when I used a Tiger CD (the first out of four) it worked fine.
Anything else I should be checking? I really want to be able to reinstall from the DVD in the future.

I have to wonder why you have a "Tiger CD" at all if you've got an optical drive capable of reading from a DVD. Apple only provided those on request and for a fee -- and in exchange for the Tiger DVD, as I understand it.

It was given to me. Thank goodness I had it otherwise I'd still be in the dark. So getting back to the question.........:)
.