Re: Couldn't boot from DVD

I tried holding the normally recommended keys down when it was starting.
Then when I used a Tiger CD (the first out of four) it worked fine.
Anything else I should be checking? I really want to be able to reinstall from the DVD in the future.

I have to wonder why you have a "Tiger CD" at all if you've got an optical drive capable of reading from a DVD. Apple only provided those on request and for a fee -- and in exchange for the Tiger DVD, as I understand it.

It was given to me. Thank goodness I had it otherwise I'd still be in the dark. So getting back to the question.........:)

  • Re: help installing tiger
    ... Yes, I know Tiger is a bit old now, it was on my shelf ... I get the "mac OS X install DVD" window, ... I hold down "C" to boot off the install disc. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Copia backup DVD Tiger
    ... vorrei sapere se è possibile masterizzare il DVD di Tiger da un normale Pc per renderlo ovviamente del tutto funzionante nel caso servisse. ... da quando ho acquistato Tiger, verso giugno, è sempre rimasto a $Casa1. ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: help installing tiger
    ... Yes, I know Tiger is a bit old now, it was on my shelf ... I get the "mac OS X install DVD" window, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: [HOWTO] MacOS 10.4 Tiger und XFree 4.5 mit Apple Quartz Windowmanager
    ... scheinbar bin ich hier in die Falle von Apple Vorinstallation ... Mein Powerbook kam mit Tiger "komplett" Vorinstalliert. ... dass auf der DVD keine zusaetzlichen Pakete ...
    (de.comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: Tiger Installer will not start after rebooting my machine
    ... Panther rather than Tiger installed). ... I insert the install DVD in, it is recognised and the installer starts - I ... up where I am prompted to hit the Restart button. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)