Login and logout slowerthan molasses in 10.3.9

For about a week, Finder takes two minutes or longer
to login, and at least one minute to log out.

I heard that disabling fonts the wrong way can cause this,
but I have not done so.  I can't think of any reason any
of the things I've tinkered with could cause this.

What other reasons are there that make Finder have trouble
getting started or terminated?

Once the rainbow pizza finally goes away, there is no sign
of any other malfunction--everything runs great.

--
Wes Groleau

   If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.
   But this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine,
   is somehow ennobled and none dare criticize it.

  • back once again...
    ... the way linking and variable/function relocation works is notably ... where such links get in the way of garbage collecting old ... now, the reason this matters so much as, for example, for only rarely- ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Hillarys health...is she sick?
    ... Then you are confessing that this garbage is the only reason to vote ... Republican. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Found cash - honesty?
    ... money has come from the proceeds of crime it can be seized. ... there is no reason to believe that any crime has been committed. ... claimed the money then the finder should be allowed to keep it. ... have been discarded by it's rightful owner. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: Tom Tom map update freezes (console log attachd. LONG)
    ... but this one won't for some reason. ... Support so far is just ... It d/l it to the computer itself successfully, ... it in Finder, there is no indication it isn't responding and Activity ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Its not about guns, its about human rights!
    ... You mean there is LOGIC behind guncontrol? ... Don't confuse logic with reason. ... Garbage in, garbage out. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)