Re: More on learning "Public Key Authentication"

In article <11i14qbbbn57fd6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"G.T." <getnews1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, I can't think straight right now but I think Tom had the steps
> backwards. For Bob to send a secure message to Anne he should encrypt with
> Anne's public key, and then sign with his private key if he wants Anne to be
> sure the message is from him. Anne would check the sig with Bob's public
> key, and then decrypt it with her private key, no?

As it turns out, the order doesn't matter. If fact, if I recall
correctly, the order of key use at the receiver does not have to be the
reverse of the order of keys used at the sender.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF