Re: Stop/start daemon on Tiger

* snoopy10 <snoopydontbark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 2005-08-31 17:16 +0200:
> Hi,
> Is someone know how we should proceed for stopping/restarting any
> daemon on Tiger, for instance cups? (without rebooting of course)
>
> I'm looking for the equivalence of: /etc/init.d/cups stop on
> unix/linux
>
> KILL -HUP pid seems not work too! :(
> Thanks. :)

/System/Library/StartupItems/PrintingServices/PrintingServices stop
/System/Library/StartupItems/PrintingServices/PrintingServices start

Startup files are usually located in

/Library/StartupItems/
/System/Library/StartupItems/

-Andre

  • Re: Stop/start daemon on Tiger
    ... > Is someone know how we should proceed for stopping/restarting any ... > daemon on Tiger, for instance cups? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Dumb Query - RunLevels?
    ... Does XP Pro have any accessible equivalent to the RunLevel of Unix/Linux? ... I'd like to be able to log into safe mode without rebooting. ...