Re: Hard drive help

myles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <myles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a G4 933 I bought used a couple of years ago, use it mainly as
> my office computer and for graphics. I added a second HD (Seagate
> 60Gb) last year for iTunes storage, had it nicely filled with all my
> CDs.
>

> When I took the Mac out of sleep yesterday, I clicked on a program in
> the dock before, I guess, everything had actually woken up. The
> lollipop appeared, I waited a while, then hard restarted. Upon
> restart, HD2 is gone. It doesn't show up in Disk Utility, doesn't mount
> on the desktop.

Look in /var/log/system.log. The system will likely have logged
some kind of error in there. If you you post it, we may be able
to advise you further. But most likely, the drive is dead.
With Disk Utility not even seeing the hardware, something very
low-level has gone wrong.

  • Re: backup too slow
    ... Frank wrote: ... SeaGate 200GB BackUp Drive ... backup drive is almost empty ... "Disk Utility" or even TimeMachine?) ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Hard drive help
    ... >60Gb) last year for iTunes storage, had it nicely filled with all my ... >CDs. ... >When I took the Mac out of sleep yesterday, I clicked on a program in ... It doesn't show up in Disk Utility, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)