Re: Dual monitors - what do I need?

In article <11g315e5o9mggce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"G.T." <getnews1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Davoud" <star@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Ricky:
> > > Will Tiger allow me to run one application in one monitor and another
> > > application in the other like Windows 2000 does?
> >
> > It is to laugh! Windows 2000 allows you to run one application on one
> > monitor and another application on the other like the Mac does. Mac
> > users had the ability to use multiple displays /years/ before Windows
> > users did. I remember my Windows-using buddies claiming that I was
> > using a second Mac hidden someplace -- there was no way a computer
> > could have two displays.
> >
> > Your two displays will act as one large desktop and you can put
> > anything you want anywhere you want on your two displays.
>
> But aren't you limited by the fact that the menu bar stays on one screen?
> With Windows, many X window managers, and other GUIs you have the menu bar
> on the app window so your application can be as far from your main display
> as you like and you can still control your app.
>

> > I tried running a second display on my Windows laptop. It worked OK,
> > but I gave it up because I couldn't stand stand seeing that toad-ugly
> > interface twice.
> >

> As little as I like 2000/XP I must defend it here. There are more config
> options with dual monitors than on OS X.
>
> Greg

Windows users -still- do a double-take over a dual monitor extended
desktop. I use a Tibook in my office with the Dell LCD as an extended
desktop. The first time I drag a window across monitors many people
actually gasp, and often remark that they find it
disorienting....they've obviously never seen it before.

I admit that I wish I could replicate the menu bar on both monitors.
However, there are very utils that make the menu bar popup under the
mouse...deja menu is one.
.