Re: File transfer Windows to iMac
- From: hairy.biker@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andy Hewitt)
- Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:09:24 +0100
D P Schreber <schreberdp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2005-08-14, Andy Hewitt <hairy.biker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> 9. Will Open Office run on the Mac?
> > Er, yes. There is also a standalone version called NeoOfficeJ, which is
> > the same, except it doesn't need to install to Unix to run.
> To clarify: NeoOffice/J uses the native osx window system, whereas
> OpenOffice uses X11. An X11 server is included with osx but isn't
> installed by default ("unix" is of course not something one would
> install in osx -- osx is itself a unix variant). So you can run either
> NeoOffice or OpenOffice in osx, but NeoOffice is friendlier and better
Yes indeed, I was keeping it as simplified as possible at this stage.
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
(updated Feb 21 2005)
- Prev by Date: Re: File transfer Windows to iMac
- Next by Date: iDVD and the dreaded -34506 error
- Previous by thread: Re: File transfer Windows to iMac
- Next by thread: Re: File transfer Windows to iMac