Re: File transfer Windows to iMac

D P Schreber <schreberdp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2005-08-14, Andy Hewitt <hairy.biker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> 9. Will Open Office run on the Mac?
> >
> > Er, yes. There is also a standalone version called NeoOfficeJ, which is
> > the same, except it doesn't need to install to Unix to run.
>
> To clarify: NeoOffice/J uses the native osx window system, whereas
> OpenOffice uses X11. An X11 server is included with osx but isn't
> installed by default ("unix" is of course not something one would
> install in osx -- osx is itself a unix variant). So you can run either
> NeoOffice or OpenOffice in osx, but NeoOffice is friendlier and better
> integrated.

Yes indeed, I was keeping it as simplified as possible at this stage.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)

  • Re: File transfer Windows to iMac
    ... except it doesn't need to install to Unix to run. ... NeoOffice/J uses the native osx window system, ... NeoOffice or OpenOffice in osx, but NeoOffice is friendlier and better ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Interfaccia NeoOffice in Inglese
    ... NeoOffice in questa lingua. ... Questa cosa in NeoOffice è sovrascritta dalla lingua dell'interfaccia di OsX; sicchè se vuoi cambiare quella di NeoOffice devi cambiare quella di tutto OsX: Preferenze di Sistema->Internazionale->Lingua e metti l'inglese al primo posto ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: Dashboard, Malware and a Theory.. Vindicated!
    ... Ah, bad guys can't live within the Mac OSX environment, it's just not ... OSX is based on Unix, ... If the account is an admin, it's no trick at all to elevate. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Hello Snow Leopard -- Goodbye Adobe, Goodbye Microsoft
    ... Dick Kistler wrote: ... I paid for NeoOffice, but I've got a fair number of spreadsheets that ... So I've got to open up a Windows VM for now ... and wait for the next version of Office for Mac. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Lost Office Application
    ... Delete Users directory. ... There is a free alternative that works well, NeoOffice. ... Has the full capability of MS Office for Mac plus some other ... But it can read the Microsoft formats if you ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)