Re: Web design question

Sander Tekelenburg <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Troubled Tony <tt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Sander Tekelenburg <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Nonsense. It's prefectly fine to improve on a site through whatever is
> > > appropriate in a particular case, be it CSS, javascript, Flash, Java,
> > > QT, anything.
> >
> > Whoah, now CSS is in the list?
>
> Of course it is. CSS, like javascript, Flash, QT, etc. is only icing.
> It's the *content* that is the cake.

> > So you're talking OLD HTML. Really old.
>
> I'm talking HTML 4.01 of course. But you seem to prefer to read what you
> expect to read, so it probably doesn't matter much what someone says.

Then you want me to use the deprecated FONT tag?

Oh, wait, that would be "icing", like CSS, because it's not *content*.

So, you don't want the deprecated FONT tag used?

Wow, that's going to look like poop.

You can't have it both ways, arguing in whatever direction is handy.

What's your position on using the FONT tag?

I think it's ugly, and it's so devo.

You're saying I can't validate my source at XHTML 1.0

Screw that nonsense. Upgrade your browsers, lusers.
CSS has been out for years.

Let me guess, you advocate "web safe" colors too.

> >You can't see what you've got pre-release until it's all coded.
>
> No idea what you mean. I can't think of a situation where you can see
> somethi,ng that hasn't been finished yet.

You said to write the HTML first, then add the "icing".
But in the real world, it's still going to get edited...

> > Then one can expect to make a series of edits...
> > how are you going to test the HTML-only version at that point?
>
> Eh? Simply with a user-agent that allows switching off whatever non-HTML
> the site contains (CSS, javascript, plug-ins). Dead simple.

WTF???

Can you turn CSS off in the common browsers one might test with?

I don't see it in FireFox.

Wait, again you're saying I can't write XHTML source!
(Assumes you use the FONT tag.)

Fuhgeddaboutit.
.