Re: Problems installing numeric keypad

In article <Lr-dnaZv7JQzv2rfRVn-jg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Troubled Tony <tt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andrew Pinheiro <amzp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have a 12" iBook G4 1.2GHz, and I'm having problems getting a USB
> > numeric keypad to work.
> >
> > The keypad works just fine if I log in under the root account, but if I
> > log in under either of my regular user accounts, the mouse freezes as
> > soon as I get past the log-in window. If I unplug the keypad, the mouse
> > works again.
> >
> > I've tried removing all of my 3rd party extensions, preference panes,
> > etc., and have even started up both accounts in Safe Boot mode, but the
> > keypad will not work unless I'm in the root account.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Find the /dev entry and check that its permissions
> aren't locked down to root.

That just went right over my head. How do I do this?

> Check the log files for anything too.
>
> Did you install it as root, as opposed to entering the admin passwd?

There's nothing to install... I just plug the keypad into a USB port.

  • Re: Problems installing numeric keypad
    ... > numeric keypad to work. ... > The keypad works just fine if I log in under the root account, ... > etc., and have even started up both accounts in Safe Boot mode, but the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Problems installing numeric keypad
    ... The keypad works just fine if I log in under the root account, ... log in under either of my regular user accounts, ... etc., and have even started up both accounts in Safe Boot mode, but the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: What is the Gadget Flashing?
    ... panel from DSC. ... just hanging on the wall beside a keypad. ... When I install the system, I show the client how do do this ... transformer that plugs into the keypad and an AC outlet, ...
    (alt.security.alarms)