Re: Vanishing Dock Icons

In article <1h0rram.zy4dh6uyk3g0N%matt@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
matt@xxxxxxxxxxx (matt neuburg) wrote:

> Alan Quirt <HERONaquirt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Recent PowerBook 12", 768M RAM, Tiger 10.4.2.
> >
> > Several times since the 10.4.2 upgrade, a few "keep in dock" icons have
> > simply vanished. Last time it was the three main MS Office X icons
> > (Word, PPT, Excel) which were adjacent in the dock; Entourage (which was
> > not adjacent) was still there. Other icons (twenty or so) were not
> > affected. It was easy to drag the icons back into the dock from
> > Applications, but having them vanish is worrying.
> >
> > It could be correlated with software installation, but I don't think so.
>
> I do think so. Every once in a while I do an installation and my dock
> gets reset - things I keep in it are not there, and things I've removed
> (like the iApps) reappear. m.

Maybe. But this was not a full reset. Just a few icons went away.
--
.... Al Quirt ... Ottawa Canada ...
.... Please remove anti-spam BIRD for email replies ...

  • Re: Vanishing Dock Icons
    ... It was easy to drag the icons back into the dock from ... but having them vanish is worrying. ... >>> It could be correlated with software installation, ... But this was not a full reset. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: loss of word & excel mac9.2
    ... "Bill Weylock" wrote: ... >> just vanish by itself. ... >> you had icons for it on your desktop that are gone, ... simple as that, im not pleading ignorance, just willing to accept responsibilty. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: How I can remove my folder icons in desktop screen?