IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device

I'm sometimes having trouble to connect my Canon digital camera to my
Powermac G4. In the console log I get the following message:

The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been
plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 1 of hub @ location:
0x52000000)

Usually I have to restart my Mac to have the camera show up in iPhoto. I
sometimes get the same errors when trying to sync my Handspring Visor,
but then usually after 4 or 5 retries of the Hotsync operation I do get
a connection.

I've googled around and have seen that other people have similar
problems (with different USB gear), but I haven't found any solution
yet.

Anyone familiar with this problem, or, even better, know of a solution?

Peter.

  • Re: USB HUBS-leads to system freeze and crash! Help!!!
    ... I'm having trouble with my laptop, recently, whenever i insert a USB device, my PC cant detect them, like thumb drive and stuff. ... and before, there was thIs blue screen, it says something about hardware or software that was newly installed caused some sort of memory problem, and i have to uninstall it, the thing is, i didnt install any hardware, and the recently installed software has been deleted...the message never pops up again, does the blue screen had to do with my USB device? ... i USED the trouble shooter, system status says it's working fine, but still, it freezes everytime i insert any thumb drives! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • USB Maximum Transfer Size
    ... I'm creatting the USB Driver. ... I have a trouble as follows. ... Start asynchronous reading from our USB device. ...
  • WIA Service
    ... I'm having trouble getting my Canon Digital Camera to work. ... connected via the USB and worked up until a few weeks ago. ... reloaded the Canon WIA driver, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problems installing wheezy
    ... You ensured the USB device was unmounted. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • USB Device with FreeBSD 5.3-Release
    ... I have trouble to use USB device with FreeBSD 5.3-Release. ... computer is connected to an USB mouse through an USB hub. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)