Strange Finder Crashes
- From: Pluto <woodsjf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:18:16 -0400
For a while now I have been plagued by strange finder crashes in OS
10.4.10; I suddenly get the red ball for no apparent reason, and I am
unable to relaunch the finder (Force Quit has no effect). I can still
run other apps (as I'm doing now in Thoth with the red ball spinning
in the background). The only solution is to press the launch button on
my MacBook until the computer shuts down, and then relaunch. Then all
is well?until the next time.
I have run TechTool Pro, Drive Genius, Applejack etc. and they all
report nothing amiss. I even ran VirusBarrier which reported no
Viruses. It may be connected to Microsoft Word for the Mac since when I
launch Word it reports a scad of "corrupted" fonts when it optimizes
the fonts on launch.
Anyone have any ideas??
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
- Prev by Date: Re: Synchronizing data with Windows machine
- Next by Date: Re: Synchronizing data with Windows machine
- Previous by thread: Synchronizing data with Windows machine
- Next by thread: Re: Strange Finder Crashes