Re: Can't delete locked file on USB stick
- From: Deborah Bensted <djaneb@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:44:25 +1000
On 20/4/07 8:28 AM, in article pcozm542e3n.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harald
Hanche-Olsen" <hanche@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+ Deborah Bensted <djaneb@xxxxxxxxx>:
| I have a 4 gig USB stick that move between pc and Mac. Now there is
| a folder that I can't delete or unlock on it. [...]
The easiest thing would be to copy all the files and folder to your
hard disk, then erase (reformat) the memory stick. Last time I did
something like this, the only Windows compatible filesystem that Disk
Utility would create was FAT16, which may not be appropriate on a 4 GB
stick. So maybe you should do this part on the windows machine.
Thank you. I have done that - reformatted using FAT32. I put it in a windows
machine and it was only FAT anyway, not FAT32 - could that be why it was a
problem. Maybe I should have reformatted it when I got it - it is a fairly
new stick and I haven't had one that big before.
Is there anything I could have done to prevent a file locked like this?
- Prev by Date: Re: Can't delete locked file on USB stick
- Next by Date: Safari bug?
- Previous by thread: Re: Can't delete locked file on USB stick
- Next by thread: Re: Can't delete locked file on USB stick