iChat an Messenger Problems

Hi All,

Wondered if anyone has any solutions/suggestions for this problem.

I've just bought my first Mac about 6 weeks ago (and love it). I'm now having problems using iChat and MS Messenger on it. I'm not a chat person really but when I tried to use iChat with my brother (a confirmed Mac user) all was successful and managed a video/audio conversation. Then one day opened iChat and got the message:
"Could not connect to AIM - The host refusted the connection, try again". This is now the norm when I load the program.

Similarly MS Messenger, which previously worked fine, gives the Message:
"Sign in to Microsoft Messenger failed because the service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet".

I am connected to the internet when this happens.

I have Parallels installed running Windows XP and when I load Messenger under that, or on the old PC, everything works fine.

I also installed Yahoo messenger amd Skype to try, these too seems to work fine.

Being new to Macs, I wonder if there's some setting I have changed which could cause these problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
John