Re: Utility to verify data

On 2005-11-15 10:58:18 +0100, Paolo Cordone <pamisolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

I regularly backup my data onto CDs/DVDs and have been very conscientious about this for years. Every now and then, I would like to verify the integrity of my data by diagnosing the status of the media. In the pre OS-X days, I used various utilities to verify the integrity of files (Disk Doctor, and TechTool). However, I have not been able to find a utility for OS X that simply takes a CD or DVD and scans its surface for problems. The version of Drive 10 I have tested only listed hard drives, but no CDs. DiskWarrior, Disk Studio and Drive Genius also do the same.

So my question is: is there a utility that can simply scan through removable media to see whether all data can be read?

Thanks,

Paolo

what about CDRestore from SubRosaSoft.com ?

.