Re: Utility to verify data

On 2005-11-15 10:58:18 +0100, Paolo Cordone <pamisolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

I regularly backup my data onto CDs/DVDs and have been very conscientious about this for years. Every now and then, I would like to verify the integrity of my data by diagnosing the status of the media. In the pre OS-X days, I used various utilities to verify the integrity of files (Disk Doctor, and TechTool). However, I have not been able to find a utility for OS X that simply takes a CD or DVD and scans its surface for problems. The version of Drive 10 I have tested only listed hard drives, but no CDs. DiskWarrior, Disk Studio and Drive Genius also do the same.

So my question is: is there a utility that can simply scan through removable media to see whether all data can be read?

Thanks,

Paolo

what about CDRestore from SubRosaSoft.com ?

  • Re: Utility to verify data
    ... > integrity of my data by diagnosing the status of the media. ... > days, I used various utilities to verify the integrity of files (Disk Doctor, ... > Drive 10 I have tested only listed hard drives, ... When I burn a CD on my iBook, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Utility to verify data
    ... days, I used various utilities to verify the integrity of files (Disk Doctor, ... Drive 10 I have tested only listed hard drives, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Utility to verify data
    ... > integrity of my data by diagnosing the status of the media. ... > days, I used various utilities to verify the integrity of files (Disk Doctor, ... > Drive 10 I have tested only listed hard drives, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: [kde-linux] k3b wont verify data
    ... it up to burn the CD, verify the data and eject when the burn is ... that during the verify stage. ... I then went to burn with it set not to eject the media when finished. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: SBS backup failing, but is it?
    ... Tell us about the backup device and media? ... won't be able to restore those tapes. ... Even if a test restore works flawlessly, turning off verify is definitely ... > device reported an error on a request to read data from media. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)