Re: iTunes: Submitting CDDB info

In article <5-Odna0UuJcS0p7eRVn-vQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
John Chambers <jcsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I hate to ask the obvious but...is the **actual CD** that you are trying
> > to submit info for in the drive and selected in iTunes when you are
> > trying to do this?
>
> No; of course not. Why would I expect to need to do that? There's no
> mention of this that I can find in the docs.

Regardless, that's the problem. How do you expect the database to know
what CD you're sending the info for when the CD's identification is not
there to read?

  • Re: Why isnt WMP as good av Itunes on CD information ?
    ... I've never heard of 'hits for kids 16' though, ... The first person who bought it and ripped it with WMP and entered the data should have caused it to be there for every user. ... That means that I get to put it into the database and I will know that it is done right. ... I have WMP and iTunes configured to use the same folders for media. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: iTunes for classical recordings
    ... like track names, artists, composers, etc. in a database. ... appear together on the ipod or in iTunes. ... These are treated as distinct composers by iTunes. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: Its just.... sad....
    ... portable music players. ... This means that iPods can no longer be used ... sign the database, iTunes couldn't calculate the checksum without the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Copying/Extracting iTunes audio files?
    ... if you want to pull copies of files into a folder you can drag ... them directly out of your iTunes library window ... ... information on how to export copies of items in the database out of the ... And "burning" brings n a bunch of complexities about changing formats; ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: iPhoto Questions
    ... It uses a database file only to ... reference the images. ... If that corrupts, you can still retrieve all your ... Compare iTunes, for how it should be done. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)