iTunes: Submitting CDDB info

I've typed in the album and track info for several of my CDs that I've
read into iTunes.  They're commercial CDs that CDDB doesn't know
about.  The obvious next step is to do my civic duty, and submit the
info to CDDB.  The Itunes Help stuff says that the magic incantation
is Advanced -> Submit CD Track Names.  But it's greyed out and doesn't
work.  I've poked around in the Help info, but found no clues.  I've also
tried random iTunes tweaks, including filling in the info fields I don't
understand with some dummy strings.  Nothing works.

So can iTunes actually be used to submit this info?  If so, does anyone
know how to make it work?

  • Re: iTunes for classical recordings
    ... Gracenote, which used to be called CDDB. ... iTunes uses Gracenote, and so every time I input a CD into it I have to do ... There is another database, this one evidently public-domain the way CDDB used ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: iTunes for classical recordings
    ... Gracenote, which used to be called CDDB. ... CDDB, and how classical-unfriendly I have found it. ... Fortunately, iTunes (and some ... EAC does not support the ID3 "Composer" tag. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: Mp3s and iTunes
    ... > you import them with itunes its self. ... possible for CDDB to identify tracks on real* albums that have ... order and their individual lengths and this creates an unique ... *By real I mean a commercial disk or even a compilation CD that someone ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: iTunes: Submitting CDDB info
    ... They're commercial CDs that CDDB doesn't know about. ... The obvious next step is to do my civic duty, and submit the info to CDDB. ... The Itunes Help stuff says that the magic incantation is Advanced -> Submit CD Track Names. ... constantly losing it as happened yesterday. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: iTunes: Submitting CDDB info
    ... Richard E Maine wrote: ... Unhappy about iTunes not being able to import CD-text? ... manually added or accessed via CDDB. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)