Text Editor for OS X?

A few years ago, in the pre-X time, Newer made an excellent text editor
which was very useful for formating .txt files for a word processor.

I've been looking (missing it badly) for a replacement. I understand
that Newer has gone bankrupt; there seem to be a few Text Editors out
there...

mi

SubEthaNet

WordService

to name a few. Any recommendations? I want to be able to format a
..txt file to fit page width of a Word Document. also maybe to add some
tabs and double CRs. (Basically what the old Newer product used to do.)

Thanks for any help,

H.

  • Re: Text Editor for OS X?
    ... > A few years ago, in the pre-X time, Newer made an excellent text editor ... > which was very useful for formating .txt files for a word processor. ... > tabs and double CRs. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Text Editor for OS X?
    ... > A few years ago, in the pre-X time, Newer made an excellent text editor ... > which was very useful for formating .txt files for a word processor. ... > tabs and double CRs. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: How do... YOU... do... "IT"?
    ... which is a simple-to-use text editor with lots of extras (like ... of an office-type word processor tend to do. ... I've got myself unstalled by writing on ... Beghinnen can ick, volherden will' ick, volbringhen sal ick. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: my sister and a dog humping
    ... excuse for a text editor. ... MS Word is a word processor, ... Stop Corruption in Congress & Send the Ultimate Message: ... Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Text editors
    ... Does any text editor do this? ... I checked just now, and Wordpad lets me change the color of my font, ... For example, it you tell the editor the output will be used as HTML, the editor recognizes the sequence "" and displays it differently. ... A word processor on the other hand allows the user to define a quasi-syntax on the fly In order to do this, the word processor must save special flags with the "text" to afford decoding at a future time. ...
    (alt.html)