Re: Are Macs More Expensive?
- From: Snit <csma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 10:13:09 -0700
ed stated in post
36041fe6-9c07-4a60-b0a3-2aadc44bdc32@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 2/6/09
On Feb 5, 10:37 pm, "gimme_this_gimme_t...@xxxxxxxxx"
(Unless you don't mind being one of the embarassed poor kids.)
eh? you can get a pretty f'in good computer for $1k these days. and
a pretty good windows *laptop* for the ~$600 range w/out much looking,
and a nice dual core, 2gb, dvd-writin' laptop for half that if you
don't need it *right now*.
Yeah. Terrific deal if what you're wanting to buy is a door stop.
What is a better deal? $300 on a computer that looks nice and works -
but you never use? Or $2000 on a 17" MacBook you'd use everyday for
the next 6 years?
how about $300 for a laptop you use everyday for the next 3-4 years,
$300 *everyday* for the next 3-4 years! No way! Far too expensive. :)
at which point you pick up another $300 laptop that's much faster and
with better features (than the now very old macbook too) that you use
for the next 3 years? i'm writing this on a 1 year old laptop right
now, and i doubt it'll be in use in 5 years.
But guess what? That
no really, what?!
[INSERT .SIG HERE]
- Prev by Date: Re: Steve Carroll: 116 hits in 3 days is a bit excessive
- Next by Date: Re: Science Disproves Evolution
- Previous by thread: Re: Are Macs More Expensive?
- Next by thread: Re: Are Macs More Expensive?