Re: Neither Apple developers nor others have mastered MIDI

Using GB 3.0.4 was able Ito import and playback both files, but not
without some alternations in sound, sustain pedal and tempo. Garage Band
is the program to use and I was able to import the stomp1.mid into GB
and play it back without a stop. The sustain pedal effect, recorded
real-time in the MIDI, was not as pronounced as when playing back on a
PC. GB gave the file a sound of harder attacks on notes when they
actually should sound more in the background, as a part of the sound
mass. The GB playback sounds a bit dryer and more mechanical although
it got the notes and the tempos.

Still tinkering with pfheaven.mid - I dragged it into GB and found that
I had to delete some flute tracks at the bottom. GB identified empty
tracks with text info on them as flute tracks. Also, a conductor or
tempo track at the top was also identified as a flute track. The
original tempos are not followed - did not import correctly. When you
play it back, the tempos change in the wrong places, so against here is
evidence that the file import changed the original and would have to be
edited to get the tempos back to where they belong. This is not a
real-time recorded performance but a coded one.

Later versions of GB do have limited notation capabilities - that is,
they are not going to do what Finale, Sibelius or even Logic Pro or
Logic Studio etc will do. But, it does have basic elementary to some
intermediate features.

Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

In article <9b-dnT7OxJBv4TLanZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Maverick