Re: Reinstalled XP

On Aug 6, 6:28 pm, Steve de Mena <ste...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
MuahMan wrote:

"jerryeveretts" <ifree...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1186428325.303422.259270@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Aug 6, 3:16 pm, pe...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peder B. Pels) wrote:
I'm reinstalling XP right now. It's an SP2 pack.

Guess the number of sercurity updates being fetched first time around?

78.

--
regards , Peter B. P.http://titancity.com/blog,http://macplanet.dk

"We don't dial 911 - we dial .357".

Is that good or bad?

You didn't get the memo?

When MSFT release patches it's bad and indicative of poor programming.

When Apple release patches, it's good because they are on top of things.

That is *so* hypocritical. I LOVE my Macs. But I know Windows very
well too, and I can't believe all the absolute nonsense that is spewed
here about anything Microsoft does.

Steve

Indeed.. as both a Mac and a Windows user, I find it amusing how
people on both sides don't hold the other side to the same standard.

  • Re: From Mac Night Owl:Does Windows 7 Make a Difference?
    ... Windows, particularly Windows 7. ... And you think MS does not look to Apple as a main rival? ... and video game consoles is a rival to Microsoft. ... after all some buy Macs just for how they look. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Resurrecting an old RiscPC
    ... especially if it happens to be a superior one -- as they are to use Windows. ... buy Apple hardware to run Windows on. ... merely Mac OS X to Macs and Apple hardware in general. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Ping Polaski: Who is The Enterprise Desktop Alliance?
    ... integrate and manage Macs in a Windows ... The Enterprise Desktop Alliance is a collaboration among ... Having once operated in a mixed Mac/Windows environment I have a ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: cd recordings vs minidisc recordings
    ... Most of these tend to be Windows or Macs ... where our servers of main machines tend to be Solaris. ... you will end up needing a fan or extra hardware of some other kind. ...
    (uk.rec.audio)
  • Re: When is a Mac no longer a Mac?
    ... Soon enough it'll be PC with Windows vs. PC with OSX vs. PC ... >> property of Macs today sets them apart from PCs? ... Apple Talk is Local Talk, which is as dead as ADB. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)