Re: Vista vs Apple article

Mitch <mitch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <1hi4d92.dtlh4w1p95fk4N%me4@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Wayne Stuart
<me4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I won't register to read more -- this is obviously written by someoen
who is only checking a list of new features, not someone who knows what
is already in the OS.

Okay, in summary then:

Bundled applications: Vista 8, Tiger 5
Wow -- it seems most of the industry disagrees with that!
And aren't the applications one of the things that Microsoft hasn't
distributed yet? How are these being reviewed?

Perhaps you ought to read it, just to ease your curiosity. ;p

Anyway, this issue alone has been the most discussed elsewhere on this
thread. Clue: It excludes iLife.

Ecosystem: Vista 10, Tiger 9
What is this? Someone judging Energy Star compliance, or packaging?

The ecosystem of computer ownership, i.e. availability of compatible
software and peripherals. Hardly surprising Windows comes out ahead
here, but quite surprising they chose to put OSX not so far behind.

To quote: "Anything you want to do on a PC, you can do on a Mac,
although you may have to find alternative routes. The argument that Macs
are poorly supported is as much a fallacy today as it always has been."

How about that then? :)

--
This message was brought to you by Wayne Stuart - Have a nice day!
<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wssenterprises/whynotmacfaq/>

  • =?windows-1252?Q?www=2Eelectronics=2Dmac=2Dsony=2Ecom_Apple_MacBook_MB158LL=2FB?= =?windows-
    ... Product Features and Technical Details ... Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard ... iteration of the MacBook line is pre-loaded with Apple's Mac OS X 10.5 ... interface, built-in iSight video camera, and Apple's magnetically ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • =?windows-1252?Q?www=2Eelectronics=2Dmac=2Dsony=2Ecom____Apple_MacBook_MB158L?= =?windows-12
    ... Product Features and Technical Details ... Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard ... iteration of the MacBook line is pre-loaded with Apple's Mac OS X 10.5 ... interface, built-in iSight video camera, and Apple's magnetically ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Campground WiFi problem
    ... Compare its features to MS ... Microsoft wouldn't be stealing them blind and the competition would cause ... growing competition from Linux is forcing drastic improvements in Windows ... Linux and the newer Mac OSes have long since deep-sixed Windows ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Mac Excel (Office 2008) and Windows xlsx Files
    ... How were the files transferred from Win to Mac? ... Are there any features, automations, or other types of content in the files ... "Hyperlinks within the notebooks and hyperlinks to other files aren't ... Font issues are always troublesome & can prevent certain programs from ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • Re: Migrating from Mac to Windows
    ... I'm planning on migrating to Windows XP after using Mac OS X for the last ... I've made a list of features that are very important for me on Mac OS X but ... - Create PDF files from text and other documents. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)