Re: This Day In History - August 24

"Houston CAPCOM" <capcom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2005082516043216807%capcom@xxxxxxxxxxx
> On 2005-08-25 07:58:57 -0700, Nicholas Buenk <morn@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
>> Houston CAPCOM wrote:
>>> Please. XP is certainly an efficient vector for viruses. OS X allows me
>>> to get work done, not constantly spend time patching and worry about
>>> every mouse click and what kind of spyware or malicious virus might be
>>> infecting my system. XP is less shitty than ME, 95 or other Windows
>>> variants, but shit is still shit.
>>
>> Viruses on XP aren't that big of a deal, install norton once in a while,
>> run it once a week, it removes viruses and spyware, big deal.
>> That being said, I do banking on my mac, it is more secure.
>
> You make my point for me. You have to pay for Norton and run it once a
> week (!) just to keep XP virus free. You also need to run your spyware
> checker to make sure that you're not being snooped on. None of that
> bullshit is necessary on OS X.

Which is not a big problem, norton anti-virus also scans for spyware. And
norton came free with my motherboard.

  • Re: IMI.1536.A "Dropper" - Different results and findings?
    ... > with "...In viruses and trojans, the dropper is the part of the program that ... Software based A-V's, Norton, et al *should* be left alone to scan for viruses. ... Spyware scanners can and do flag some virus exploits but conversely, ... Online A-V scans do not scan compressed files, AFAIK, Norton online does not. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: several viruses
    ... > they were picked up by norton as viruses but spyware has been detected too ... >> Ted Zieglar ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Opinions Please on Norton
    ... > | the moment and thought he was doing me a favour by putting Norton 2005 ... how much spyware or viruses we will find. ... cleaning......we left the shop after 52 instances of viruses were ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Opinions Please on Norton
    ... > And I will perhaps ask him to give me a copy of the Norton CD only because ... > how much spyware or viruses we will find. ... > cleaning......we left the shop after 52 instances of viruses were ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Adware and Spyware wont go away
    ... I run Windows XP, SP-2 upstairs, and an upgrade of ... Anyway, both computer have Norton Antivirus 2004, ... > recent versions of SpyHunter for Spyware, and, and Webroot's SpySweeper. ... This message is virus free as far as I can tell. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)